About the event
The Department for International Trade (DIT) are pleased to invite innovative food and drink businesses looking for new markets, to participate in this virtual Northern Powerhouse trade mission to China International Import Expo 2020 in Shanghai.
At CIIE 2020, a prestigious exhibition organised by the Chinese Government, the UK will have a 300m2 multi-sector pavilion located in the ever-popular food and drink sector hall, one of the most widely visited stands in previous years. As part of this the Northern Powerhouse will have dedicated exhibitor space for showcasing the best of British food & drink.
In 2019 CIIE attracted 150,000 professional visitors from 100+ countries and boasted $71.13bn of deals signed at the show. This year there are over 3,800 businesses already registered to attend, billing this as the biggest B2B event of 2020.
What Are the Benefits?
Attending companies will benefit from:
- An online pre-mission briefing to ensure companies can maximise the opportunities of participating in CIIE.
- Support from our experienced Mission Manager, and our native mandarin-speaking international trade executives.
- Coaching in presenting and pitching products virtually.
- An opportunity to showcase products on the NPH stand as part of the UK Pavilion and be promoted to Chinese buyers.
- Being featured in an NPH mission brochure translated into Mandarin – both in printed format to be handed out on the stand, and in an online format that will be emailed by Post to prospective attendees.
Join this virtual Northern Powerhouse mission to get a guided insight into this important market, and be introduced to potential business contacts.
Final date for expression of interest 21 September 2020