On behalf of the Department for International Trade, ChamberLink Ltd t/a Business Support Solutions, a subsidiary of The Growth Company, has delivered International Trade Services to thousands of North West companies since 2007. We have helped companies of all sizes to realise their international trade potential, encourage export opportunities and growth into global markets.
ERDF Enhancing SMEs International Trade Performance ‘Growing Your Business Internationally’
Business Support Solutions is the applicant for the ERDF Enhancing SMEs International Trade Performance project.
The project will deliver activities to increase SME export capacity and performance across the North West, providing, export advice, consultancy, mentoring, export leadership, and management skills. Support will complement, and be integrated with, that of the Department of International Trade and be integrated with Growth Hubs and Chambers of Commerce.
Specific activities undertaken as part of the project:
- Dedicated ERDF International Trade Advisers (ITAs) in each LEP area
- Advice on development and implementation of Export Action plan
- Provision of in-depth 2-day workshops for new exporters on ‘Growing Your Business Internationally’, delivered by procured consultants
- Provision of in-depth 2-day workshops for new exporters on ‘Developing International Trade Online’, delivered by procured consultants
- Local ITA one to one advice clinics
- Advice on access to funding to support Internationalisation through ITAs and UK Export Finance
- Market visits to key trade fairs or target countries organised by ITAs
- Access to core DIT activity and support
- Referrals to relevant business support partners
Business Support Solutions are looking to procure a consultant to deliver:
- 3 x virtual workshops to deliver the equivalent of 2-day workshops (totaling 12 hours of assistance per SME) on the subject ‘Growing Your Business Internationally‘. The target group will be eligible SMEs new to export. The topics that need to be included are:
- Selecting and Entering a Market.
- Selecting a Partner/Route to Market
- Product or Service Issues
- Marketing and Promotion
- Finance & Resources
We would expect the workshop outcome to be that each attendee has an initial export strategy document to move forward and discuss with their designated International Trade Adviser (ITA).
- Where content is delivered virtually, we will need to retain this on an agreed platform for on-demand usage by our ERDF client companies and for audit purposes. Access will be limited to SMEs signed up to our ERDF project, and only by invited link. This will be timebound to 3 months after the end of the ERDF Programme
- The minimum delegate number is expected to be 12 per physical workshop.
- Development of materials/agenda based on the subject matter and your international trade knowledge
- Full costs breakdown for delivery (day rate & expenses) / misc. costs
- The price must include VAT
The requirement for delivering these workshops virtually will run from May 2021 to July 2021. This may be extended in the future, subject to funding availability.
Payments will be structured as follows:
- 50% may be invoiced at the start
- 50% on completion of all workshops.
Please find below the full brief for the quotation and downloadable Quotation Form.
To apply please complete the Quotation Form including any appendices. Only Quotation Forms completed in full will be considered.
Bidders are asked to submit a proposal for the above services by addressing the areas covered in the Evaluation Criteria.
Quotations will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Total Cost per Workshop (25%)
- Proposed outline agenda to cover 12 hours (2 day) including a breakdown for online delivery (40%)
- Evidence of your availability and experience to deliver the requirements set out in the objectives including the skills and ability of the proposed personnel to be employed. (35%)
Please complete the Quotation Form including any additional information by 5.00 pm on Friday 16th April 2021 and return to:
ERDF Project Manager