Sign up for this programme of 2 full day workshops to develop your knowledge on how to grow your business internationally. Funding through the Enhancing SME’s International Trade Performance ERDF Project will enable you to work with our expert in a small group of no more than 12-14 delegates.
About the workshops
The workshop will be divided into interactive sessions, each of which will help you to understand the key issues and to build your export strategy:
- Setting your targets. The benefits of exporting and export planning; identifying aims and objectives; understanding resources and training needs; developing your export strategy document
- Preparing to export. Market selection and market research; planning your market entry; product and service proposition and issues; intellectual property protection;
international contracts and legal issues; financing exports
- Winning export business. Getting your ‘pitch’ right; routes to market and selecting a partner, international marketing and promotion; export communications, digital marketing and sales presence
- Delivering to your bottom line. Setting the right export price; logistical issues, shipping and documentation; getting paid, managing currency and other financial issues; finalising your export strategy planning.
Date and Time
The second programme will be held on:
- Wednesday 18 August 2021
- Friday 20 August 2021
The third programme will be held on:
- Tuesday 14 September 2021
- Tuesday 21 September 2021
John Harrison MIEx CMRS
John specialises in international trade strategy and delivers lively, thought-provoking and interactive workshops on behalf of the DIT across the UK.
He helps businesses in any sector to develop their sales overseas and covers all world markets. He has experience in product and service sectors having held a number of marketing and programme management roles, has lived and worked in North America, and led UK trade missions to Europe, SE Asia, China, the Indian sub-continent and Africa.
John’s expertise in exporting includes marketing research, pricing, sales, managing agents & distributors, communications, cultural awareness and exhibition skills.
Registration for the workshops are open and fully-funded. Companies registered will have to go through an eligibility check before being enrolled onto the workshops.
Please fill in the forms below to sign up for the workshops.