About the event
Organised in collaboration between Business Growth Hub and Google, ‘Going Global – Digital Tools for International Growth’ is a fringe event as part of the inaugural Digital City Festival – five days of events showcasing the best in digital. The events is aimed to provide business to business small and medium enterprises the knowledge and network boost to accellerate growth. Whether you are a start-up or a scaling up business, this event will equip you with the tools you need to drive more customers to your business, followed by increasing turnover and your return on investment from international trades.
Benefits of attending the event
Through the session, you will have the chance to:
- Learn how to digitalise your marketing plans to maximise your international sales.
- Join in the ‘Digital Successes (and Failures) in Overseas Markets’ interactive debate to network and learn from other businesses.
- Hear from an inspirational panellists (including Mercarto founder and CEO Sean Brown) about their experiences, ups and downs and lessons of going global.
- Participate in the Google Digital Garage's training workshop ‘Scale Your Brand and Advertise Across Borders' which will empower your digital knowledge.
- Learn from the Department for International Trade specialist at the 'How E-Commerce Can Grow Your Business' session.
- Get personalised and tailored support from International Trade Advisors from DIT North West with your export and international growth strategy
- Get the latest updates on the future of international trade in the region from Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham.
- Network with numerous like-minded and successful businesses who will also be at the event.
09:00 - Register / Tea & Coffee / Networking
09:15 - Welcome by Richard Jeffery, Director of Business Growth at The Growth Company
09:30 - Google speaker: Google Tools for International Growth
09:45 - Google Digital Garage workshop: Scale Your Brand and Advertise Across Borders
11:15 - Department for International Trade speaker: How E-Commerce Can Grow Your Business
11:30 - Mayor of Greater Manchester Andy Burnham: The Importance of Internationalising for Local Business and Greater Manchester
11:45 - Panel Discussion: Digital Successes (and Failures) in Overseas Markets.
12:15 - Close/ Lunch/ Networking